Tarantino’s Top Ten Films of 2013 So Far
When the revered Quentin Tarantino speaks, people tend to stop and listen. Recently, the Quentin Tarantino Archives released his Top Ten Movies of 2013 So Far. The list includes some shoe-ins like Richard Linklater’s Before Midnight and Woody Allen’s Blue Jasmine. No surprise there as Tarantino has voiced his admiration for both directors in the past. Add in the fact that each film has fared very well both critically and commercially.
There are also some interesting selections of note, namely The Lone Ranger and Kick Ass 2. Both were largely panned by critics and produced well below expectations at the box office. Still, Tarantino is never one to let the lack of mainstream acceptance or critical praise sway his preferences. Topping the list is Afternoon Delight, a Sundance entry earlier this year. Jill Soloway received the festival’s Directing Award (United States, Drama).
Here is the complete list:
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Caurón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)